Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cards, Cards, Cards for Rewards

I wasn't into collecting this kind of plastic when I was single. But when I got my own family and always finds myself in supermarkets and certain stores, I felt the need to have not just a few but several of them. I shop for groceries once or twice a week, goes to a bookstore three to four times a month, buys products from direct sellers once or twice every quarter of the year and sometimes goes into rush hours for an immediate supply.

Big supermarkets, drugstores, bookstores and almost all establishments are offering their customers a chance to earn points or rewards while shopping in their stores. Even big telephone companies are now giving the same benefits to their users. They say it's their way of giving back to their loyal customers a percentage of what they are paying for their purchases. The day will come when all basic commodities even those which are slightly used will all have discounts on their prices.

I signed up for a number of direct selling companies knowing I'll get at least 20% something or more discount for what I buy. The lying truth here is, I will be able to save a part of my money instead of paying the whole amount. I applied for shoppers' card/customers' card or 'what they call it' simply to have something to hand over to the supermarkets' cashiers in order for me to have the what they call 'points' which I can trade later for rewards, items or anything my patronized store is going to give.



I still have six cards from six stores and companies I recently applied for to be released within next month.



No comments:

Post a Comment