Friday, December 7, 2012

I Now Cook! (^^,)

We don't have a house helper for more than a month and am now getting used to it. Though I seldom wake up as early as five in the morning, I see to it I get to finish my basic house chores before 10 a.m. like scrubbing and sweeping the floor, washing the dishes, arranging or rearranging my hoarded books for the nth time, checking my counters and containers for refills and maybe requiring me to do a run to the cheapest grocery store in town, wiping the window blades with wet cloths and segregating the laundry for my two-times-a-week washing schedule. Breakfasts are done in fast modes: almost fried - eggplant, eggs, potatoes, ripe bananas, ham, hotdogs, longganisa, chorizo, embutido, corned beef, chayote, simple hotcakes and so many more. Lunch sometimes sees my effort in cooking but the dinner or supper usually gets my supreme act of the kitchen. Hehe. I graduated my "Ms." name with just the knowledge of frying, sauteing, making dishes with sauces like fish escabeche and some vegetables, fish paksiw, simple chicken and pork adobo and to cook tinolang fish and chicken, sinigang pork and bulalo. Plainly basic. I don't even know how the shrimps, seashells, seafood and all other kinds of pork, beef, chicken and fish dishes which seemed to be so complicated in my eyes are to be made by my own hands. And now, I'm looking forward to learning so much of these complicated dishes as I've called. Some of them are not anymore that hard, hehe. I know now how to cook pork kare-kare, chicken afritada, sinigang na hipon sa miso, ginataang hipon, ginataang gulay (vegetables), rellenong pusit, sauteed oysters, clams and other kinds of seashells, binagoongang karne ng baboy, chicken cordon bleu, I even make my own version of sushi and maki rolls and a lot more recipes I scout online, in magazines and on tv. 

Here are just a few of my cooked dishes at home. I'm not a camera pro and I just used a cellphone to take the shots. 

My first ever pork kare-kare [pork (leg part) cooked in peanut butter sauce with  pechay leaves] paired by no other than alamang!
My husband enjoying his late lunch. He even posted these two-above photos on his Facebook wall. 





Sinigang na Hipon

Sauteed Tahong



More photos to follow!





No comments:

Post a Comment