Monday, November 14, 2011

Don Hen’s in Baguio

It was my first in the coldest city in my country, the summer capital of the Philippines, Baguio City. We arrived around three in the morning riding the ever trusted Victory Liner from Manila. After seven hours of sleep, my husband and I jumped out from our bed to scrape the limited time we will be spending in Baguio. My husband is a frequent in the place long before so it was I who’s cramming to savor our stay.  But, the weather did not cooperate. Rain was pouring and the temperature was at 14 degree Celsius. We stayed at my uncle-in-law's house along the Fairview and we ate brunch: tilapia and Pampanga’s Best Longanisa.

We waited until the rain came to a halt; we went outside and decided to go straight to SM (where air conditioning is not a must, hehe) through a taxi cab. The freezing cold made me shiver and caused me headache so I requested that we find a place where it is warm, where we can have a heavy snack with a hot drink. My cousin in-law brought us on the other side of the mall, at Don Henrico’s place. Well, I just wanted to try other pizza aside from Greenwich, Shakeys and Pizza Hut (anyway, these pizza stores can be located nationwide). Don Hen’s pizza and all its concoctions are in American servings. A fourteen inch pizza could already feed four hungry lions. Believe me, the slice was already a huge slab for a regular sized human. Fried chicken and pastas are also in their daily menu but what I like most (when we dined) was their chocolate drink – of course hot. I was just feeling so cold anyway.



If you’re in Baguio and you crave for pizza, forget about our ‘common’ pizza stores. Try Don Henrico’s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment