Monday, November 14, 2011

Sushi Dito sa Davao


Located along the highway of Quirino Avenue of the known city of Davao, a few steps away from People’s Park and a few meters away from the second new building of Sampaguita Tourist Inn is where Sushi Dito can be experienced. One of the favorite rice dishes Asians especially Filipinos are very fond of is this famous maki rolls stuffed with several fillings: green avocado, ripe mangoes, tuna flakes, variety of fishes, tempura, cucumber, cheese and sea foods; sliced in thin to thick portions for easier munching.

I myself am an avid fan and eater of what we fondly call as sushi. Well, others call it maki. Adapting the Japanese and Korean style of cooking rice, the dish was and is surely a hit among Filipinos. I use to make my own sushi rolls for my husband who can consume two to three rolls (uncut, 10 inches long and 2 inches in circumference). Filipino style, we just dip it in vinegar-soy sauce combi. Some of our friends would even order and I’d make a batch selling them at a reasonable price. But after dining at Sushi Dito, (actually it was just an accident because I was really famished from my flight from Manila and my stomach could not take in what the hotel we’ve checked in had for dinner so I wandered outside and I stumbled into this newly opened restaurant) I can now improve my edible creation.

The place can accommodate at least eighteen guests. Rice and ramen bowls, sashimi and other types of dishes are also served in Sushi Dito. Best sellers are their California maki at 160 Php/8 pcs. and Miso Ramen at 95 Php. Their prices may be a bit excruciating in one’s tight budget but when you are up to food adventure and is willing to shell out some hash, then go for Sushi Dito for great tasting maki rolls served with wasabis (if you are for Japan’s favorite appetizer) . Take out orders are placed and wrapped in decent plastic trays. You may also order online, visit www.sushidito.com. A plus, the staffs and crews are approachable and accommodating so don’t hesitate to ask them questions of what are their best rice offers. Have a rice-filled meal!

California Maki

2 comments:

  1. I've been to Sushi Dito in Davao last week. I was in the city with my classmates for our educational tour. We are students of Hotel and Restaurant Management. Sushi Dito offers good tasting maki rolls. Though I do not give a 100% thumbs up for their ramen, the rice rolls are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good place to start for people who want to try Japanese cuisine. They're really great and good prices, too.

    If you'd like to read about the latest, I just recently paid them a visit and here's my review: http://davaofoodguide.blogspot.com/2013/06/lets-have-sushi-dito.html

    ReplyDelete