Friday, November 19, 2010

Mashfa's Dotcom Store

It took me almost four months to put up my store on the web not because I don’t have a capital to start off, not because I don’t have anything to sell but because I’m afraid I will be hooked. Actually I did make a ‘prep’ store to make an announcement that ‘I’ will have an online shop. But the truth was, that time I was hesitant to build one.

World Wide Web offers so many ways to market goods, services & even ideas. From personal blogging, business sites, group networks & social networking sites. Speaking of these social networking sites we all know that one of the most visited or may be the most visited is Facebook. Multiply and Friendster as well is frequent but when it comes to traffic (these times) internet fellas feast on Facebook. If these three were compared to cellphones, Multiply & Friendster would be Sony Ericson & Cherry Mobile while FB or Facebook would be Nokia because it’s user-friendly, easy to navigate all around and you get to find your friends just seconds after signing up. Small ventures for an aspiring starting entrepreneur could be made possible with these sites.

As for me I’d say I found my place in Facebook. First of all, almost all of my friends are indulged into it, others are on a 20-hour a day online. So I fed up my courage with a great push to finally make a second account (I had my first which is really named after me) and build my own enterprise – selling clothing, accessories, bags, shoes and even bamboo sala sets. I had a page which is linked to my personal account but that didn’t work too well cause it has limits when it comes to spreading out the photo captures of my on sale items.
Good thing one of my cousins was already in the market so I have somebody to assist me from getting in touch with her trusted suppliers, on how to price my items, info of ordering & shipping goods to the usage of Pay Pal. I’ve asked all questions down to every detail. And until now, I still kept on asking my cousin & anybody who’s in this kind of business like mine.

My first week of starting was fumed with picture downloads, uploads, calculator, going to couriers’ offices for their shipping rates, drafting & typing FAQ, terms & conditions, how to pay instructions, where to pay details & the likes for my potential customers. I had also seen the need to expand my reach so I added people even if I don’t know them, friends of my friends’ friends. After setting up, I then got ready to tag in my photos my collected friends & ‘friends’. That’s the only way online sellers in social networking sites can market their goods. Fortunately, on my first seven days of establishing a name I did make a sale, my first two customers: my husband’s niece (destined in UK) and a Mexican lady and both made bulky orders. My patience & hard work (as I believe) is being paid off. It’s my Buena mano.

Though I knew (first hand) that selling of dry goods such as clothes & shoes is not in multilevel compared to food, I know I could push through with it. I find myself more updated with this line. I’m also fond of food but I don’t explore that much. I eat when I’m hungry. Selling needs to be your passion and even what you sell should also be your passion. It needs to be that way when you really wanted to get into it.

First week may be a good one, the next would be blunt, and the next two weeks could be loaded, some days would be without notifications but at least when people will see my hard worked-uploaded photos, they might see something they’ll like and probably send me a message.  An account must always be updated for new photos, events, promos to ignite people to see your goods.

Right now I’m still on the working process to hoard photos, stocks, people and sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment