Friday, November 19, 2010

Pay Pal on the Use

When selling and shopping/buying online, one needs an account with Pay Pal. It's 'really' not that necessary but I see it as the easiest and fastest way to do money transactions worlwide thru' internet without having to give out bank account numbers, credit/debit card numbers, home addresses & such confidential info to merchants & sellers. All you need is just an account with Pay Pal. Whenever somebody sends you money, all you need to give out is your email address (which is your username in Pay Pal). And when you make payments, you just have to type the recipient's email address also. And that's it. Simple as that.

Signing up with Pay Pal is very easy. It's like making an email account with yahoo and Gmail. Enter the asked information and it will make you select between three option-account types: Personal, Premier and Business. As for me I chose Premier. Personal Account is recommended for beginners and to those who just want to use Pay Pal as an online way to pay. For those who are on the verge of receiving money (most frequently 6-10 times a month) it's better to get a Premier. Though it requires thorough verification of the user, it's just worth it because of the reliable security you'll get.

After completing the process, you are now ready to receive digits. For a Premier Account, user must 'first' link a card to send payments. I believe it is a part of Pay Pal's security measurements. Card I say could be a credit card, debit card or an EON account which I acquired by applying for one at Unionbank. I photocopied two of my valid ID cards and presented them to the bank. They let me fill up their EON Account online form and adviced me to return in a week to get my card. They then instructed me to bring 350 Philippine Peso upon my return that will serve as my first annual fee for said account. There is no need to immediately deposit an ammount to activate the card said the Manager who assisted me thru it, though its being recommended so you can use the card for other purposes. I also aked if I then can link my card to my Pay Pal right after I receive my card to which the Manager answered yes. (So it's just a matter of one week to completely use my Pay Pal. Just allow 3-5 days before you can withdraw from your Pay Pal after linking a card.)

1-2-3 steps to follow, simple instructions that are not hard to understand to make life in a light mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment