Saturday, November 20, 2010

Reselling Ukay-Ukay (Pre Loved/Second Hand Clothes)?

Yes, the feasibility and potential is promising. It’s like selling brand new clothes. If you find it as a niche, then set aflame to turn your passion and hobby to monetize it.

Dry cleaning your accumulated finds from Ukay-Ukay must be your first step when desiring to sell them. Dirty ones don’t attract, minus the smell. If you want to price your items a bit higher to gain some profit then what you sell should be at least, presentable. I’m also an Ukay-Ukay reseller. The way I price my items would be *the price I paid for a piece+*a part of the amount I spent for washing and cleaning+*profit of 30-50% of the price I paid for the item=*my selling price. For vintage pieces you may make them a bit pricier but still be open for some bidders and hagglers.

During my selection, I only get pieces that fit me and look good on me; I can’t afford to buy clothes that I won’t fit into. I only select clothes which do not require too much handling after buying them, making sure all buttons are complete, holes and nips could be patched and stitched up easily, those which has small defects and need small alterations. My first venture in reselling Ukay-Ukay was fun. My capital was only 11.36 USD. My gross sale was 34.10 USD so my profit was three times my capital. ^^,

No comments:

Post a Comment