Sunday, December 5, 2010

Coffee, Coffeeholic, Coffee Dreamer, future Café Owner

I am not addicted to caffeine. I just super duper love coffee. Can’t live a day without coffee, sometimes two cups of coffee a day. I say, I’ll always love coffee. Best taken with breads, cakes esp. with rice & dried or smoked fish!

When we visited Tabuk, Kalinga, my husband’s birthplace, I grabbed the chance to buy several boxes & foil packs of the famous Kalinga Brew. It ran out so fast that when we returned to Davao City, I only have 2 boxes left for us at home. Most of it was sent to my parents, friends, church mates & officemates and I so so so so regret my act of not buying loads of it! I consider Kalinga Brew as one of the natural coffees without the tangy and after-taste that leaves no frills in your mouth after gulping down an ample dosage.  And I’ve heard that this known coffee is being served in legendary and eminent coffee shops, cafes and restaurants – worldwide for 90 to almost 500 bucks (2.5$ to 11.7$) a cup! Of course the prices given were reasonable since business persons need to mark up it up to cover their expenses, their crews’ service and etcetera.



Last week, I accompanied my husband to Coffee Dream, located at SM City Davao (Ground Floor, fronting National Bookstore). I got myself indulging with their coffee latte and with the sweetest muffin cake (with cashew nuts, melted chocolates) I’ve first eaten in my whole life! LOL. (I self pity for that, hahahahaha!) I’ve been to several coffee shops before and I’ve never approved of their relishes until I sat down and gave chance to Coffee Dream to savor their good tasting coffees, friendly people in service, yummy desserts and cozy sofas you may even take a nap, just be sure to make an order first before living through with their amenities. ;-)




Relaxing with coffee shops and savoring their various concoctions made me desire to have my own, one day. But, thinking of having millions at first to initiate this kind means a lot for me these days. A giant coffee maker will take one million pesos (23, 255.00$) something from one’s belt.  And thinking about it also made me realize and come up with an idea of why not setting the outbreak of these new techies back to our traditional way of making coffee? Boiling a pot of water over flaming woods or charcoals while stirring in finely grounded coffee beans? When I shared this to my husband he brawled with support and sanction, LOL. Mmmmmm, even I could not wait for this concept to materialize, a few months from now.




No comments:

Post a Comment