Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mashfa on the Ramp

Had already trashed the ambition becoming a model and now here I am because of my sprouting clothing business online I need to be one. I’ve seen clothes on life-sized mannequins, and I’d say the lifeless frames don’t do well on the fabrics they’re wearing. There’s really a big difference on how you’ll see a piece of dress being worn by a living and breathing person and when it’s worn by a very pale, anemic and without an eye-statue. A live person brings aglow and bounce to a thing, even to a simple blouse when worn properly and stylishly. They say, “nasa nagdadala lang ‘yan” to which I strongly and firmly agree.


I had purchased mannequins months ago and had only used those four to six times for my pre-loved (Ukay-Ukay) dresses’ pictorials (anyway, just bought them for a total of 200 Philippine Peso). Now I have stocks and piles of clothes at home ready for selling when I discovered they all look dull and petrified on my photos when I let the plastics wear them. One of my co-sellers online takes time to dress herself up with her stuff, has her buddies to take a photo of her wearing the clothes, some edits and presto! She can immediately upload and transact business with interested buyers online using social networking sites. I also tried to do it myself, using only my camera cellphone, some adjustments, (since I don’t  have an ample space at home) I would just pose wherever the light is favorable wearing my collections, either our house helper or my husband will become the photographer and that’s it, I then have the shots! I chose not to show off my face so what I do is to crop the captures omitting what has to be removed and what would be left will be from the most upper section of my neck down to my toes.


At some point I can now call myself my “own” model since I am anonymous or unknown. I just feel glad that I am somehow giving life to my photos online and may help my prospect buyers to also imagine themselves what if they wear the kind of clothes the “no-head” model is wearing?


Here are some samples of my photos. ^_^







2 comments:

  1. beatiful. you have a nice body frame, sham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bagay, anak! I'll keep in touch for more of your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete