Monday, January 10, 2011

Mashfa on Master Siomai

Just this afternoon I needed to go to downtown to see the city at day (my first sight of Davao City's center of commerce for the year 2011. I just came back from my almost 3-week vacation in Bukidnon last two days ago).   I also needed to check with the Postal Office regarding the transactions I had with them the past year and to update my EON Account at Unionbank (which are all located at the most crowded places in the city).

It was past 4 o'clock in the afternoon and I had thought of convincing my husband to eat slices of my favorite Greenwich Pepperoni Pizza or maybe try some pizza somewhere since office hours were already up. But we ended up going to Gaisano South (JS Ilustre) and spotted ourselves ordering two servings of siomai at Master Siomai's stall inside the mall. Mine was beef siomai, Rex had combo siomai. We paired it then with their cold gulaman. After the last bites, though not hungry we ordered for another two servings. I got pork & shrimp siomai while Rex vigorously devoured the japanese siomai. I do my grocery shopping at JS for almost 6 months now, Mr. Siomai as I remember was visible inside the place on the last quarter of the previous year (can't recall the exact date) but I was one of those who struggled to order for their siomai in a rustling crowd during their first few days.

 Siomai Combo (2 pieces beef siomai & 2 pieces japanese siomai)

Beef Siomai



Upper Plate: Pork & Shrimp Siomai
Lower Plate: Japanese Siomai

A serving consists of four siomai of your choice (Beef, Japanese, Pork & Shrimp and Combo) at 28 PhP. A cup of their gulaman is at 10 PhP. I've seen a cart of Master Siomai at the First Floor of NCCC Mall (near the entrance and the exit door of the said mall facing Maa Road).



I've eaten too many siomai before from different food carts, food chains & fine restaurants but to only a few I'd make a thumbs up. Master Siomai provides one of the best tasting Asian food I've ever eaten in my 24 year of existence. It's worth the try & another try & another try & another...

2 comments: