Friday, March 7, 2014

When I Became A Mom

I strongly believe that one of my life's greatest assignments here on earth is to be a mother. I never understood my mom well enough until I became one. My mom had to give up her teaching career the day she learned she's pregnant after more than a year of being married to my father. I am their first offspring and I've witnessed how my mom dotingly took care of me and my younger siblings. She's a hands-on-mom (up to now). She has symptoms of an OCD. Hehe. Got 50% of that 'disorder'. Haha. 

Now that I am raising my own kids, I preferred to stay at home most of the time except during the days my dear husband requests my presence to be with him when he's having out of town trips exceeding more than two days. (He can't sleep well the whole night without sniffing and touching his wife according to him.) I have a househelp at home who does the laundry, cooking and cleaning and I am the one who takes care of the necessary needs of my household. I always check their food, clothes, school calendar and so on. Reese, our 5-year old darling sometimes would tell me that she loves me more than his Dad because Dad doesn't like to buy her toys and Mommy buys her Play Doh sets every month to which I would always reply, "It's Daddy's money Mommy's using to buy you Play Doh." (wink)

It's been 8 years now since I became a mom and the task, the obligation, the responsibility and all that motherhood entails will never become too easy. When I was on my initial period, I almost gave up but by the help of God and through His grace I was able to survive those tiring and very doubting years. It was a havoc and a chaotic life for me since I was one of those teenage moms almost a decade ago. It was a battle because I was having a hard time balancing my own emotions, desires and self-ego adding to my little life these babies (they're twins) for me to feed and grow. It was a "whattalife" for me back then. But, really, God is too wise to be mistaken, God is too good to be unkind. Those trying times, I learned how to trust His plans and His heart for me. I never went on empty. 





It was when I became a mother that I appreciated life better. It was when I became a mother that I learned how to value life and all existence. It was when I became a mother - I have felt the kind of love which is almost unconditional and so heart-melting. The kind of love which would withstood even the greatest failures one can do, always forgiving and always gentle. Let me show how I feel through a song I dedicate to my children. I have three as of now, and we are expecting two more (if they will be twins) this year or maybe next year if God permits.




"Every Day I Love You"
Boyzone

I don't know, but I believe
That some things are meant to be
And that you'll make a better me
Everyday I love you
I never thought that dreams came true
But you showed me that they do
You know that I learn something new
Everyday I love you

'Cos I believe that destiny
Is out of our control (don't you know that I do)
And you'll never live until you love
With all your heart and soul.

It's a touch when I feel bad
It's a smile when I get mad
All the little things I am
Everyday I love you 

Everyday I love you more
Everyday I love you

'Cos I believe that destiny
Is out of our control (don't you know that I do)
And you'll never live until you love
With all your heart and soul

If I asked would you say yes?
Together we're the very best
I know that I am truly blessed
Everyday I love you
And I'll give you my best
Everyday I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment